Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My Second One is.....

Never Love A Highlander by Maya Banks




Such amazing read!! One of my favorites. I really love Caelen and his gruffy, direct, and loyal spirit. I absolutely love Rionna!! She's true to herself and her stubborn, "go against the grain", loyal, and protective spirit was the perfect match for Caelen. *sighs*
"I allowed my heart to discount evidence that my mind knew was sound. I’ll never second-guess what stares me in the face again."

The story:
Caelen McCabe just married his brother's jilted bride. Having at one time given his heart to the woman who nearly destroyed his clan and got his father killed, he vows never to allow any woman near his heart again. only the loyalty he feels for his clan and family made him marry the woman before him.

“Better, wife. But not good enough.” Deciding she’d had enough of that smug superiority, she ducked low and launched herself at him. She lined up her shoulder and hit him right below the waist. He let out a string of curses that blistered her ears. Then he slipped to his knees, his hand cupping his cods. His sword fell from his other hand and landed in the snow. Rionna stumbled back, retrieved her sword, and then put the tip to his neck. “Do you yield?” “Hell yes, I yield or you’ll likely slice off what’s left of my cods.”

Rionna Mcdonald is a fierce female warrior, who is nothing but a pawn in her father's conquest for power. She promises to do her duty but protect her heart and clan. She'll soon learn that the guards she had up were easy to melt by the warrior she now calls her husband.

“ ’Tis the sweetest meal I’ve ever eaten,” he said in a husky voice. “Offered from the hand of a naked goddess while she sits astride me. ’Tis heaven I’ve gone to.”


 The growth between the characters and with themselves is what made this story so good to read. The battle part of the story was crafted amazingly from the moment before the conflict started to the end of it. It was good!! 

"She’s spoken before of a time when part of my heart was withheld from her because it belonged to another, but from the moment I laid eyes on her, I belonged solely to her. Ah, lass, I think I have always loved you, for ’tis the truth I cannot ever remember a time I didnt"


 Hope you enjoy!!
Don't forget to like, comment, follow, and share!

And as always.............Happy Reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment